Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Very Potter Spring Break

Share it Please
Pretty much everyone I know that is around my age grew up with Harry Potter. I know that the novels are supposed to start out in the '80s, but Harry, Ron, and Hermione were of age with me when the books came out. Because of the age factor, it felt like I could've gone to Hogwarts and befriended the three characters.

So, when I heard Universal Studios was going to be home to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, I knew that I MUST make a, well, a pilgrimage. This year, I completed my journey and my parents and I went to Harry Potter World in March during my spring break (unfortunately I went before the new portion, Diagon Alley opened, though it might be fortunately because that means I just have to go back).

We left our home on a Sunday and had tickets for the Universal parks Monday through Wednesday. With our ticket package we were able to "park jump" from Islands of Adventures to Universal Studios. We also had fast passes and a special breakfast at The Three Broom Sticks.

Monday. 

Harry Freaking Potter all day. Well, really from like 9am-2pm due to rain, but still ALL DAY! As I previously mentioned, my parents and I had a breakfast at The Three Broomsticks. My parents both had the full English breakfast and I had the American breakfast (due to not wanting blood sausage...because I know what's in it). Now, a brief mention that I will be posting most of the photos from this trip in a slide show down below, so check that out, it's fun.

We continued our foray into this amazing place by going up to Hogwarts. Inside Hogwarts you follow a winding queue that shows off some of the more important parts of the castle, like the entrance to Dumbledore's office, the talking portraits, and of course the Fat Lady portrait that serves as entrance to the Griffindore common room. You eventually make it to a classroom where Harry, Ron, and Hermione speak to you and their portion ends with telling you that they are going to sneak you out of the castle on broomsticks. And now it's time for the ride.

The ride isn't really a roller coaster, but none-the-less, I'm not a huge ride person. I went on this one though. My eyes might have been shut during most of it, but I can say I rode it and didn't die...or get sick..mostly. I was warned by my friend Patrick that the screens used in the ride made him a bit queasy, and the same happened to me. Once I realized I was secure in the seat and wasn't going to fall out, I opened my eyes just to get nauseated by the screens. Whomp.

After Hogwarts, my parents and I enjoyed butterbeer and a did a bit of shopping. Purchases included, chocolate frogs and other sweets from Honeydukes, and a Hermione wand for me. The day ended with us barely making it to a taxi before the sky opened up.

Tuesday.

After spending the previous day in Islands of Adventures, we decided to hit up the Universal Studios side. Over here there were more attractions my dad can enjoy, since he cannot really go on many rides due to a heart condition. We started off with the I Love Lucy museum because my mom is the I in I Love Lucy.

Then we went to two shows. The first was a 3D/live action terminator show. It was pretty cool and at one point fog enveloped the entire audience, which was very unexpected. The second show was horror movie make-up. It was quite cheesy, but also informative and funny. I mean, c'mon, who doesn't like cheese? Speaking of cheese, between the shows we ate at Mel's Diner.

After the shows we went on the new Transformers ride. My mom and I convinced my dad to go on this with us, which in the end wasn't the best idea. He hates spinning and this ride had a good bit of spinning involved. Then we made our way through Krusty Land and ended up on the Men In Black Ride. My mom will be proud of me for admitting this, but she beat me in score on this ride. I still and will always maintain that my gun was broken. The last ride we went on was Disaster!, which puts you into a film. It was long, kind of boring, but at the same time a lot of fun.

Wednesday.

Well, since every other day was pretty long, good thing this one is short. We pretty much did nothing due to my mom's knee hurting, my dad not wanting to go back to the park, and me just saying "fine". I did however beat my dad mercilessly at air hockey.




And well, that was my amazing spring break! I hope you enjoyed my rather lengthy reliving.

3 comments:

  1. I am eternally jealous. Then again, I've been to the studios tour outside London, so I shouldn't complain too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You shouldn't be jealous. Florida is infinitely easier and cheaper to get to than London =] Plus, if you go from now on you'll be able to see the portion of The Wizarding World I didn't get to see (yet).

      Delete
  2. BUTTER BEER! OMG i am so jealous, I have been DYING to go! Looks like you had a great time ! :)

    Love from Canada,
    Marie from www.ElleCharie.com
    ♥♥♥ Enter to Win AMAZING Beauty Products♥♥♥
    Elle Charie on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your hip comment!